Saturday, October 19, 2013

Face Mask Friday

Hey Everyone! I hope you all are having a great Friday! Whether you are out and about, or staying in to watch a movie, how about getting your skin in tip top shape for the weekend?!  My new Blogger Series "Face Masks Friday," will be featuring a new face mask each week and my opinion on it.  I am a HUGE face mask junkie, and try everything from pricey picks from sephora to $1.00 finds from my local Asian Beauty Supply store (yes, really only $1.00).

For todays Face Mask Friday, I went with two masks that I have been using recently as we head into fall.  The first is GLAMGLOW, which has been getting quite a bit of hype lately, probably because IT REALLY DOES WORK.  GlamGlow is an exfoliating mud mask that leaves your skin feeling cleaner, brighter, and hydrated.  This mask sloughs off all of the dead skin and leaves a nice glow to my face.  The first time I used this, I couldn't believe how soft my skin felt.   Additionally, my makeup goes on amazingly smooth for several days following the use of this mask.  To use, I make sure to start with a freshly cleansed face, then apply an even layer all over, avoiding my eye area.   I leave it on until it completely dries (usually about 20 min) and then slowly massage it off with a warm towel.  Because this mask is so thick and chunky, I usually apply it with an old foundation brush to keep the mess off of my hands and on my face!  It also allows me to really control where I want the product to go.

The next face mask is Mask of Magnaminty by Lush.  This is an overall good product.  It isn't quite as great as GlamGlow, but for the HUGE price difference between the two, there isn't a HUGE difference in results.  In fact, it is a pretty good dupe for GlamGlow.  It has a similar thick consistency to GlamGlow, and when applied to the face, it hardens after about 10-15 minutes.  My skin did feel softer after the first time I used it, but there was no noticeable glow and the results did not last several days, but for a quickie facial, it did the job well.  Because of the price difference between Mask of Magnaminty and GlamGlow, it is expected that GlamGlow would have longer lasting results, letting you go longer in between uses.

My overall opinion: Mask of Magnaminty is great when you feel like giving yourself a nice facial just because.  GlamGlow is great when you feel like giving yourself a nice facial because you have a big night out planned (i.e. dates, dinner with a frenemy, reunions, you know anything where you really want to look, or rather, need to look your best.

GlamGlow can be purchased here for $69.00 and Mask of Magnaminty can be purchased here for $12.95.

Let me know any masks you would like me to review in the comments below!

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness I found your blog! I've been looking everywhere for someone to review these two! I have the glam glow clearing (white one) but wanted to know what the hype was between that & the lush one.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete