Monday, October 28, 2013

Skin Laundry

I recently had my second visit at West Hollywoods Skin Laundry, and let me just say, it was fabulous! The idea of Skin Laundry is a quick "lunch time facial" where no down time is needed.  In fact, the whole process from start to finish literally takes just TEN minutes!  So lets break this down on how it works:

Skin Laundry is a rather new skin care concept in which they offer only one thing on the menu: IPL facials, or "Intense Pulse Light" facials.  Their goal is results oriented treatment.  You will not find tranquil spa music, saunas, or neck massages here, but rather quick laser treatments that get the job done and allow you to go on about your day.  This particular type of treatment is extremely effective at targeting fine lines, wrinkles, acne, hyper-pigmentation, rosacea or redness, and pore size.  It is a non-invasive process that works by using high intensity pulses of light that target specific areas of concern on your face.

In particular, for hyper-pigmentation or redness, IPL light waves target and are absorbed by hemoglobin (the red blood cells in blood vessels that cause the redness) or melanin (the brown pigment in spots such as freckles, sun spots, and age spots that cause the spot to be visible).  The absorbed light then causes "damage" to the blood vessel or melanin pigment, making these spots less noticeable on the face.  The more treatments you get, the more they will fade over time.

The broad use of IPL facials makes them a great alternative to invasive, harsh lasers.  And with Skin Laundry's complimentary first visit, anyone can try this out!  You really won't be disappointed.  Oh, and did I mention the salon itself is adorable?!

Upon entering, I was greeted by friendly staff and offered water and a fresh wipe to remove any traces of makeup before my IPL treatment.  After I was situated in a private room, a nurses assistant prepped my skin and gave me goggles to ensure my eyes were kept safe from the light waves.  I was also told exactly what was happening by the nurse every step of the way, which I thought was really nice, especially if it is someones first time doing this sort of treatment.  Once the IPL was finished, the nurses assistant applied sunscreen to my skin and I was done! One thing to note: I was told that it is not recommended to wear makeup immediately after getting the IPL facial, so if this is a concern, plan accordingly.  They do have evening appointments, allowing you to go after work or school!

After my first visit, I immediately noticed a healthy glow to my skin.  I experienced no side effects and my skin seemed to really love the IPL facial.  They recommend you come in every 4-6 days for a treatment until you get the results you are looking for.  Once your desired skin is achieved, you can decrease your visits to once every 3-4 weeks for maintenance.


Now lets talk price!  Each facial is normally $75.00, but you can buy packages or sign up for monthly memberships and receive a special discount.  While this is pricey, go on in and at least try it out! Why not?  The first one is free!  If you are interested in learning more about Skin Laundry, or to make an appointment, you can visit their website by clicking here.  You can easily make an appointment online (which is such a convenience!!!) for any of their three locations in West Hollywood, Newport Beach, or Santa Monica.


If anyone has been to Skin Laundry, please let me know your experiences in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!

xoxo
linds&bells
  IFB Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!!! I would love to go and get treatments, haha. It's been a long time since I have. I must go soon. I think offering the first one free is a great idea!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! With the first one being free, you can test it out to see if you like it and want to continue. If you go, let me know how you like it!

    xx
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete