Saturday, December 21, 2013

Blogmas Day 21: DIY Holiday Banner

Hello beauties!  Today I wanted to show you how I created a DIY holiday banner that I will be hanging on Christmas Eve!  I was inspired by the hot chocolate bars on pinterest and can't wait to recreate my own!  To get started, I created a cute hot cocoa banner that will just go perfectly with my hot chocolate bar setup!  Want to make one too?!  Keep reading!


What you will need: I purchased all of my items at Michaels Craft Store
  • wooden letters (I spelled out "HOT COCOA")
  • White Paint
  • Mod Podge
  • A paint brush or sponge
  • Glitter (any color, I chose gold)
  • Red card stock
  • Twine or string
  • Clothes Pins
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon of your choice
  • Heavy duty tape


Start out by painting the wooden letters with the white paint.  I recommend two coats, and let each coat dry for one hour.  While the letters are drying, cut out pennants using the red card stock.  You can free hand the shape, or use a stencil from the internet, whichever works best for you!  Next, using the mod podge, glue one letter to the center of each pennant and let them dry.


While the pennants are drying, take your clothes pins and apply one coat of mod podge each.  Next, sprinkle glitter over the clothes pins and allow them to dry for a few hours.



When everything is completely dry, cut some twine and use the clothes pins to adhere the pennants to the twine!  Make sure you cut the twine long enough to hang it up!

To cover the part where I taped my banner up, I made little bows with some polka dot ribbon!





I will post more pictures of my whole hot chocolate bar when I set it up on Christmas Eve!  But for now, what do you guys think?!  Let me know if you recreate this!

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Your idea is so innovative!
    Loved the post.

    http://trendymannequin.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty, I love all your DIY projects.

    ReplyDelete