Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY Teacup Candles

Hey everyone, I have been in such a crafty mood lately and have really wanted to try making these DIY teacup candles!  So I thought I would share with you all how I did it!  These would make great gifts and are perfect for Valentines Day coming up!  If you are interested in learning how to make one, keep reading!

What you will need:
  • Soy wax beads or chips
  • Fragrance Oil of your choice
  • soy wicks
  • tape
  • wooden skewers (kabob skewers)
  • teacups 

I found all of my supplies at Michaels Craft Store!  All of these supplies were also available on Amazon.com if you do not have a craft store near you.  The teacups can be purchased at any home goods store, or on Amazon as well.


After securing the wooden skewers around the wick, begin boiling your water in a double broiler.  If you do not have one, simply put a glass measuring cup (with a handle) in a larger pot surrounded by water.


Pour the wax beads into the glass measuring cup and keep them on medium heat.  Stir the beads until they are completely melted.  Next, add between 4-6 drops of your scented oil and stir.


Carefully pour the melted wax into your teacups.


Let the teacups sit until dry- I let them sit overnight and they were dry by the morning!  If you need them to be done quicker, you can always stick them in the freezer.  Just be careful the wicks do not shift when you move the teacups from the counter to the freezer.



And voila! Cute and easy teacup candles!  I think these would be perfect for your own home or to give as gifts!  I love that they are very customizable too- as you can pick whatever color and scent combination you like!






I hope you all enjoyed this post!  I have a few more easy DIY projects perfect for Valentines Day coming up so be on the lookout!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh so adorable! I can't wait to try! Such a great gift idea. :)
    -Christine
    http://thehitchcockiancockatoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed it :)
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  2. Oooh...so pretty, I've been wanting to make some of these for ages...will have to do it soon. Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! me too! I ran into some cute teacups while out and about and decided I would finally make them haha!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete