Tuesday, February 11, 2014

DIY IKEA Wall Decor

Hey everyone!  I recently have been loving the "ikea hacks" page on pinterest and thought I would start small and do a project of my own!  I took some pretty inexpensive picture frames and made some cute wall art that I can display in my bedroom.  Keep reading if you want to know how I did it!


What you will need:

  • frames (IKEA frames $5.99 each)
  • paint and paint brush
  • Cardstock in any color
  • scissors
  • White poster board 
  • craft glue



First things first, paint the edges of the frame in the color of your choice.  I used a gold paint by Martha Stewart from Michaels Craft Store.  It worked pretty well, but definitely needed a few coats.  


Now to decide what you want to put in the frames.  I was inspired to do a picture collage that focused on four images that were variations of the same item- in my case mustaches.  But you can do anything , really.  Whatever fits your room decor and personality.

For me, I printed out stencils online, copied them onto my black sparkly cardstock and cut them out.


Next, take your white poster board and trim it to fit your frame.  This will act as the backing, since the IKEA frame only came with a cardboard back.  Adhere your cut-outs to the poster board and press firmly to get all of the air bubbles out.


Once the cut-outs are dry, pop the white backing into the frame!


And voila! Done!  Super easy and I am really happy with the outcome!  What do you guys think?!


I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some inspiration for easy (and inexpensive) room decor.

Thanks for reading

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments: